This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerVino #VeranoSutter #
When you think of summer fun, you think of sweet and creamy ice cream. From simple, single scoops to thick milk shakes, festive sundaes and fizzy floats. But what if we take something as simple as an ice cream float and transform it into something you can serve at your next summer grown up party? Yes! With a Kalimotxo float.
Kalimotxo (pronounced cal-ee-MO-cho) is a Spanish drink made with equal parts red wine and cola, and yes it’s amazing. I would describe the taste as a fruitless sangria. Equally refreshing but quicker and less expensive to concoct in a last minute cocktail emergency.
I took the great flavor combination of chocolate ice cream and cherry soda, added the key ingredient, Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and made something wonderful. I prefer the hints of cinnamon in Mexican chocolate ice cream but if Mexican chocolate ice cream is not available to you, simply sprinkle some ground cinnamon on chocolate ice cream before adding the cherry soda and red wine.
If you are planning to entertain this summer, Sutter Home is the perfect choice to serve to your guests. Their great selection of award winning wines at affordable prices can’t be beat. I love that it’s a family-owned brand of consistent quality California wines.
Sutter Home Wines are available at most retailers. For this particular recipe, I used Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon but will work with any of their red wines as well. It’s your preference.
For more recipe inspiration and information on Sutter Home, visit their social channels below, or follow the hashtag #SummerVino or #VeranoSutter.
- Sutter Homes on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SutterHome
- Sutter Homes onTwitter: https://twitter.com/SutterHome
- Sutter Homes onYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sutterhome
- Sutter Homes onPinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sutterhome/
- Sutter Homes onInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/sutterhomewines/
- 4 scoops Mexican chocolate ice cream, divided
- 12 Marachino cherries, reserve 2 for garnish
- 1 cup Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup cherry cola
- whipped cream for garnish
- In two tall glasses, place two scoops of ice cream and 5 Marachino cherries in each glass.
- Add wine and cherry soda. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a Marachino cherry.
If Mexican chocolate ice cream is not available, use regular chocolate ice cream and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon before adding wine and soda.