This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Summer is here! This means the start of our grilling streak. First up: chicken. But this isn’t about the chicken, it’s about the marinade. A good marinade makes all the difference when it comes to grilling any type of protein. The combination of spices, acidity and flavors is the trick to a tender filet that gives it that “melt in your mouth” texture.
When I first hear that a dish includes habanero as an ingredient, I think of a fiery dish that burns right through my palate. Have you ever taken a teeny tiny bite of one? It’s an interesting experience to feel all that intensity from one small pepper.
For this dish, you don’t have to handle habaneros. The secret ingredient is El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce. Its mix of spices make a great addition to a marinade that is perfect for grilled chicken or any other mild food such as turkey, fish or even veggies. It packs the perfect punch of a crisp green habanero. The overall dish is not intense at all. It’s pleasantly mild with a little bit of a kick in every bite.
This marinade recipe can be prepared with any varitey of El Yucateco Hot Sauce including El Yucateco Black Label Reserve and El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce. It’s up to you. A large selection of El Yucateco brand of hot sauces can be found at your local Walmart. Prepare this marinade ahead of time and use it for your next poultry, fish and pork cook out. To complete your summer grilling expereince, El Yucateco is giving away an grilling prize package. Package includes a Weber® Genesis E-310 Outdoor Grill, aWeber® 7107 Grill Cover and a Weber® 6630 3 Piece Stainless Steel Tool Set. A $1,000 value. Sign up below for an opportunity to win. Good luck and happy grilling this summer!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- In a large sealable freezer bag combine chicken broth, El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce, vinegar, oilive oil, salt and lime juice. Seal and shake to mix ingredients well.
- Add chicken to the bag. Seal and shake, pressing with fingers to incorporate all fllavors. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Place chicken pieces with smoot side on the rack. Cover gril and cook for 12-5 minutes on each side rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then its done. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then its done.
- Serve with your favorite grilling vegetables and tortillas.