There are some food holidays that I never forget. Today is one of those days. It’s National Moscato Day! Moscato is one of those wines that can be enjoyed during brunch because of it’s sweet and fruity taste. It goes well with fruit juices and is perfect as a base for a refreshing sangria.
This year, Moscato will be enjoyed a bit different. Since I’ve been experimenting with different gelatin combinations, why not include sweet moscato in some of that gelatin action? I decided to make a layered gelatin with peach flavor as a base. This simple and delicious dessert is perfect to enjoy as a light dessert or an easy but sweet appetizer at an informal gathering.
- .3 oz package peach flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 2 cups Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato, cold
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup boiling water to peach gelatin mix, stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in 1 cup club soda until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly in 4 wine glasses.
- Refrigerate until set. Approximately 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup water. Allow gelatin to absorb the water.
- Stir in Moscato and allow mixture to dissolve.
- Carefully add Moscato mixture to already set peach gelatins.
- Refrigerate until completely firm.