Cheesecake just screams spring to me. It’s one of those desserts I imagine enjoying with my mom with a hot cup of coffee over great conversation. Don’t be thrown off by the avocados in this recipe. The texture is creamy and silky, and the taste is simply sweet and delicious. The avocado flavor is not overpowering at all and you’ll be surprised they are really in there.
Make this fun and tasty recipe for your next spring fling. It will get the conversation going with your guests and will disappear as soon as you announce that dessert is served.
- 2 ripe Avocados from Mexico, peeled and seeded
- 16 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup for crust
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- zest of 1 large lime (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- non-stick cooking spray or butter to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add butter to crumb/sugar mixture and stir, combining with a spoon.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form baking pan.
- Place crumb mixture in pan and press the mixture evenly on the bottom of pan, going up to about 1/4" on the sides.
- Bake for 7 minutes for crust to set. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cream cheese and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add avocado, 1 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- While mixing, carefully add eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Run the mixture through a fine strainer into another bowl.
- Fold in lime zest and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour mixture in pan over crust, evenly smooth out to cover with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool at room temperature and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Top with your favorite jam garnish with your favorite berry.