I realized I was a grown woman when I started eating vegetables for fun. Then I developed some weird courage and started adding stuff to them like balsamic vinegar, sometimes topping them with the stinkiest cheese I could find. How mature of me, right? Then I got all fancy and started practicing the pronunciation of some of my favorite appetizers that involved veggies: brocheta, brusqueta, brochetos, bruscoti, maybe it was because I really wanted to get it right the next time I placed my appetizer order at a snooty Italian restaurant. The waiter could totally tell I was trying WAY to hard.
So I searched for a simple bruschetta recipe that I could make with staple ingredients in my kitchen and I found this Brurschetta Chicken Grill recipe on the Hunt’s website that calls for none other than balsamic vinegar. My favorite tangy combo of tomato chuncks and vinegar topping a grilled piece of chicken over a thick piece of Italian bread. You can’t go wrong with a perfectly assembled appetizer such as this one.
No more smirking waiter laughing behind my back. This time it was all me and my brosketa… ay, whatever.
*Recipe courtesy of Hunt’s Signature Recipe Collection
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Paste, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- Stir together 1/4 cup dressing and 2 tablespoons tomato paste in small dish. Pour over chicken in small glass dish; cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir together drained tomatoes, remaining 1/4 cup dressing, remaining 2 tablespoons tomato paste, onions, basil and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once. Just before chicken is done, grill bread 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. To serve, place bread on serving plates; top with chicken and tomato mixture.
Top each serving with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This post is part of a campaign sponsored by ConAgra Foods, I received compensation for my participation. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.