Our weekday mornings have gone through a transformation. We are enjoying full breakfast meals in half the time it would take to prepare a full spread. Last week, I made some delicious sopes with scrambled egg, chorizo and HERDEZ™ Instant Refried Beans. My family loved them!
This week, we moved on to breakfast tostadas. These crunchy tostadas are different from the sopes because they re made “a la Mexicana” style with serrano chiles, sauteed onion and roma tomatoes. As the base, I used HERDEZ™ Instant Refried Beans, and topped everything with HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa, queso fresco, cilantro and a few radishes for a finishing crunch.
With time-savers such as the Herdez Brand products, you don’t skimp on tradition and flavor. You get the real deal if you don’t have time to make traditional salsa and refried beans from scratch.
The new instant refried beans can be found in the bean isle at your local grocery store, and for my Texas friends, you can now find them at H-E-B.
Start making your full breakfast spreads on weekdays. You will love the ease of HERDEZ Brand products in your new prep routine. Did I tell you it only takes five minutes to prepare these delicious and spreadable beans. Yes! it’s that quick!
So get your creativity going because the possibilities are endless when it comes to spreadable refried beans. From kid-friendly molletes, to tortas, tacos and tortilla chips. There are so many ideas to keep your menu fun and enticing for everyone.
To get you started, the HERDEZ® Brand is giving you a chance to WIN $300 and a year’s supply of HERDEZ™ Instant Refried Beans. Simply share a recipe using Herdez Salsas & Herdez Instant Refried Beans, tag with #FrijolesConTodo & #Sweepstakes. (My recipe can serve as inspiration!)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, veins and seeds removed and chopped
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package HERDEZ™ Instant Refried Beans
- 4 tostadas
- ½ cup HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- ¼ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over low-medium heat. Add onion and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in beaten eggs and slowly stir 3-4 times, season with salt and pepper, add tomato and jalapeño. Stir until eggs are set. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Prepare Herdez Instant Refried Beans according to package instructions. Spread beans between tostadas and top with scrambled eggs. Drizzle with Herdez Guacamole Salsa, sprinkle with queso fresco, cilantro and radish slices.
This is a sponsored post by HERDEZ Brand. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.