This is a sponsored post by Nestlé® La Lechera®. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this site possible.
It’s a great time to be in the kitchen, don’t you think? I’m baking away, prepping for the holiday rush and lots of hungry mouths to feed. I am so happy because this year, I’ve created a show stopper as a sweet ending to our holiday meal.
Have you ever heard of an impossible flan? Or a chocoflan? If you haven’t, you’re in for a special treat. An impossible flan, also known as a chocoflan is a layered dessert of bundt cake topped with a layer of flan. The cake layer is traditionally made with cocoa and the flan layer is vanilla, giving it a beautiful bicolor chocolate/vanilla look.
The reason why this interesting dessert is also called “impossible” is because the cake batter and the flan mixture is baked at once, separating and inverting in the baking process. It really is interesting to see.
Flan has always been a big part of my family’s holiday dinner spread for generations. Now, it’s a great way to add a bit of my Latin culture to the holiday and a perfect way to continue to instill our customs in our younger family members.
Every year, I try to surprise everyone with something extra special and memorable. For this year a dessert for both, cake loves and flan lovers will be the centerpiece of the holiday spread.
Because there is no cocoa in this white chocoflan cake batter, the baking process is different. To get the layered look and incorporate white chocolate to the mix, the layers had to be baked one at a time. The other traditional ingredients for flan like Nestlé® La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk are still part of this recipe.
This holiday season, create something amazing to wow your friends and family at dinnertime. A dessert that is beautiful, tastes great and is simple to prepare will make the holidays extra special for everyone.
La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk can be found in the baking section or the Hispanic section of your grocery store. Check out this store locator to find La Lechera® at a grocery store near you. You can also find some of the best ways to use La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk by visiting Nestlé El Mejor Nido or following along on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 1/3 cup La Lechera Dulce de Leche
- 1 (14 ounce) can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup Nestle Toll House White morsels
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup Nestle Toll House White morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray liberally. Spread dulce de leche evenly on the bottom of bundt pan. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs and morsels in a blender container. Blend for 10 seconds, morsels will still be chunky. Pour mixture in bundt pan over dulce de leche.
- Place bundt pan in a large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with hot water to approximately 1 ½ inch in depth. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- While flan bakes, prepare cake mix batter according to package directions and only using ½ the water it calls for. Fold in ¼ cup white morsels. Pour over flan and continue to bake uncovered in water bath for 45 minutes more or until when tested with a knife, the knife comes out clean. Remove bundt pan from water bath and let cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- Chop remaining morsels into small pieces. Unmold cake flan and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped white morsels before serving.