This is part of a sponsored collaboration with StarKist Tuna and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
If there is one salad that remains constant in my life that would have to be my famous chickpea tuna salad. It’s my go-to quick, no-cook, full-on lunch that I have been making throughout the years. One thing is for sure. Every time I make my tuna salad, I tweak the ingredients and make it better.
When I heard StarKist Tuna just released a jalapeño flavored Tuna Creations Bold pouch, I was excited to incorporate it into my famous chickpea tuna salad. My salad had been missing a spicy kick and this was my chance to include it in order for this salad to reach ultimate perfection.
StarKist Tuna Creations Bold are conveniently packaged in individual pouches that you can just tear, eat and go. No draining required. Perfect for a school or office lunch. I like to keep a few in my pantry for those days when there is no time to cook. All I have to do is tear open a package and add a few ingredients or just eat as is and enjoy.
If you are not a fan of the jalapeño heat, don’t fret. StarKist has a variety of different flavors for you to choose from. With at least 13 grams of protein and 70 calories per single serve, these little convenient pouches are easy to take anywhere. Add it to your favorite cracker, wrap it up in a pita bread or scoop it up with tortilla chips.
Because our fall days are still on the warm side, I decided to make a full family lunch to enjoy outdoors with StarKist Tuna Creations Jalapeño flavor tuna. I served it with crackers and bagel chips and my family loved it. The jalapeño touch was just what it needed.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 6 (2.6 ounce) packages StarKist Tuna Creations Bold Jalapeño
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 3/4 cup chick peas, drained rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- bagel chips
- Place olive oil, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place tuna, onions, olives, basil, oregano, cucumber, chickpeas, lemon juice and garlic in a large bowl. Mix with fork, carefully breaking up tuna pieces. Stir in dressing. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.