When it comes to quick, time saving meals for lunch, I usually take leftovers. Sometimes hummus and chips if I’m in a lunch rush and don’t want my mood to escalate to hangry in the middle of the work day. You don’t want to deal with me in that level and I’m sure I’m doing my friends and family a huge favor when I don’t skip a meal. It gets ugly.
During my busy work days, crispy avocado tacos were a distant dream. There was no way I had the time and patience to prepare a recipe of crispy avocado slices to make a recipe of tacos. But when I found out that Farm Rich newly offers crispy, breaded Avocado Slices, I was sold. My taco dreams were about to come true in a fourth of the time I would’ve spent preparing something as delicious as these tacos.
To make my lunch hour more exciting, my recipe needed a bit of a fresh citrus tang, so I decided to make a quick and easy jicama and carrot slaw with jalapeño bits, cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime juice. Each package of Farm Rich Avocado Slices includes Jalapeño Ranch Dipping Sauce, perfect to drizzle over my tacos for a creamy and spicy kick.
Farm Rich products can be found at grocery stores across the country and these new Avocado Slices at select Walmart and Meijer stores. You can also check their product locator to find these tasty Avocado Slices and other Farm Rich goodies at stores in your area in the freezer section. For more information, you can follow Farm Rich on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- 1 (16 oz) package Farm Rich Avocado Slices with Jalapeño Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño (about 1 medium jalapeño)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Arrange Avocado Slices on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden crisp.
- While Avocado Slices bake, combine lime juice, salt and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Combine jicama, carrots, jalapeño and cilantro in a large bowl and toss to mix well. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Warm tortillas, arrange 2-3 Avocado Slices on each tortilla, top with dipping sauce and slaw. Fold and serve.
This is a sponsored post by Farm Rich. All opinions are my own. Thank your for supporting the brands that make this website possible.