This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Nestle La Lechera and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
One of those desserts that take me way back to my childhood is pay de limon or lemon pie. A simple, creamy dessert with a citrus tang my mom made over summer vacation. It was a dessert that didn’t require an oven and only four ingredients for the filling: lemonade, cream cheese, whipped cream and La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk.
This pie was notorious for making an appearance during the evening, when the temperature dropped and the neighbors made their way outside their porch to catch the summer breeze. I’d walk down the block with my mom, pie in hand passing out slices. Summer wasn’t summer without a breezy evening on the porch, kids playing soccer on the street and a slice of cool lemon pie to pass the time.
We recently moved into a new neighborhood and found this dessert the perfect treat to meet the neighbor. I gave it my own berry twist and used frozen raspberry lemonade instead. If raspberry lemonade is not available, you can use regular frozen lemonade or frozen pink lemonade. For the crust, you can make your own or use a store-bought crust. I love graham crackers so I purchased a ready-made crust at the grocery store to simplify the preparation process. Plus, I really didn’t want to turn the oven during this scorching heat wave.
“Lo que la dulzura une, nada lo separa” or “what sweetness unites, no one can separate” is the perfect way to describe this cool summer pie. Make it for your neighbors, family and friends and cherish the memories you will create for years to come.
For more no-bake recipes to prepare during the warm summer months, visit Nestle’s El Mejor Nido La Lechera’s Summer of No-Bake from now util August 15. You can also tag #lalecheranobake to win some great prizes. For contest details and official rules, visit hispanickitchen.com
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Nestle La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Cream
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberry lemonade, thawed
- 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Beat cream cheese in an electric stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy; about 2 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, lemonade and food coloring. Continue mixing until all ingredients have combined.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour onto graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight. Garnish with fresh raspberries, lemon slices and mint sprigs.