This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Vive Mejor and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Making the perfect risotto takes skill, practice and lots and lots of stirring time. I’ve heard conflicting arguments of why risotto is so difficult to make. Some say it’s all about the type of rice used. Others say it all depends on the stock selection and the temperature of the stock when added to the cooking process. I’ve even heard that it takes constant and slow stirring to reach that perfect creamy consistency.
Well, now I don’t have to worry about my risotto anymore. When I heard Knorr just released a new Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto, I was ecstatic to give it a try and top it with some of my favorite ingredients. Looking through ViveMejor.com, I was inspired by their recipe of Garlic Shrimp Risotto. I decided to replace the shrimp with roasted cauliflower and give it a bit of a crunch with roasted chickpeas. The result was heavenly! The creamy four cheese sauce is the perfect base for the addition of a protein or a vegetable. My son loved it so much that he asked for seconds! A winner in my book!
ViveMejor.com is the one-stop destination for simple and easy to follow recipes. Using the best ingredients that are readily available in any pantry, dinner time does’t have to be boring and complicated. ViveMejor.com shares quick and flavorful recipes that save precious time. We can all use the extra time to spend with our families.
Find your meal inspirations one click away by visiting ViveMejor.com. Need more help with your menu planning? Follow the hashtag #MiCocinaViveMejor on social media or follow ViveMejor on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to take your weekly menu to another level.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package Knorr Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Arrange cauliflower and chickpeas in a single layer on a large banking tray. Brush garlic on cauliflower florets. Drizzle cauliflower and chickpeas with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cauliflower roasts and chickpeas are crispy. Set aside.
- Pour Knorr Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto into a medium saucepan. Stir in water, milk and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium and boil UNCOVERED for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and creamy.
- Turn off heat and wait at least 2 minutes for the sauce to thicken. Stir once more and transfer to a large serving bowl. Top with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and parsley.