This is a sponsored post by Lundberg Family Farms. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
There is a traditional cactus salad that we like to make every spring and summer. It’s packed with flavorful and fresh ingredients and is a great side dish for grilled steaks and fish. It also doubles as a main course if served with tostadas or wrapped in a corn tortilla. Perfect for an outdoor meal or meatless dish. Ask anyone who has lived in Mexico and yes, they will be familiar with this salad. It’s popular in Mercados, the prepared food section at the grocery store, abuelitas house and a regular menu item during the Lenten season.
This time, I decided to add rice to this family favorite. But not just any rice, Lundberg Family Farms Organic Brown Jasmine Rice. I loved every bit of this enhancement! The result was fresh and satisfying. Making this, my go-to salad for large get-togethers and family gatherings. Lundberg’s new line of Thai Jasmine rice comes in microwaveable pouches. They are completely cooked, fluffy and steamed in 90 seconds. All you have to do is fold it into your salad and you’ve got a completely new family favorite.
Lundberg Family Farms continue to provide sustainable, organic products with a commitment expanding globally. These convenient pouches contain Fair Trade premium rice featuring aromatic fragrance, sweet in flavor unique to Thailand. This product has absolutely no additives and is available in White, Red, Brown and Red & White. Any variety of Lundberg’s Family Farms rice goes great with this recipe and my Spicy Mango and Corn Rice Salad. Both are delicious and exploding in flavor. What I love about these salads is the flavor, convenience and ease that makes meal time a breeze in a busy world.
To learn more about Lundberg Family Farms, visit Lundberg.com. To find their products near you, visit their store locator.
- 1 cup fresh cactus, sliced and rinsed
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package Lundberg Family Farms Organi Brown Jasmin Rice
- Place cactus in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover and let boil for 12-15 minutes until completely cooked and no longer gelatinous. Rinse and set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, oregano and salt in a large bowl. Fold in rice until mixed well. Serve at room temperature.