This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Vive Mejor and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve always been a fan of frittatas because they are a great way to use up any remaining vegetables left in the veggie drawer or produce bowl. Have a lonely bell pepper, tomato or leek left over from this week’s meals? Chop them up and throw them in this weekend’s brunch frittata. Easy as that.
A vegetable-packed frittata is loaded with protein. I decided to add a bit more by incorporating a grain into the mix. Cooked quinoa is a great source of protein and fiber. It’s hearty and the meal just feels complete when you add grains. It’s a great family meal to kickstart your day and enjoy with a side salad or cup of coffee. I found my brunch inspiration on ViveMejor.com. A one-stop source for on-the go mom’s, like me, full of quick, easy to follow recipes that are delicious and convenient. With the help of Country Crock, made with the goodness of plants, I was able to prepare an effortless meal that is impressive with a flavor everyone enjoyed.
I’ve had my share of frittatas and most call for cheese, either in the egg mixture or as a topping. I decided to get the full flavor boost and add crumbled cotija to the mix and top it off with a drizzle of sour cream. What I love about making this baked quinoa and cotija frittata with tomatoes, leeks and bell pepper is that it can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It keeps well if made ahead and takes on a different delicious flavor if it’s tightly wrapped and stored in the refrigerator. Perfect for a picnic date, a quick meal on the go or just some good leftovers to enjoy on those days you don’t feel like getting dirty in the kitchen.
Find your meal inspirations one click away by visiting ViveMejor.com. Need more help with your menu planning? Follow the hashtag #MiCocinaViveMejor on social media or follow ViveMejor on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to take your weekly menu to another level.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup leeks, sliced
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% fat milk
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sour cream
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat Country Crock® Spread in a saute pan over low medium heat. Add bell pepper and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes or until leeks become tender. Add tomato and cook for 2 minutes more stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Beat together eggs, milk, cotija cheese, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cooked quinoa and cooked vegetables.
- Evenly spray non-stick cooking spray on an oven-safe dish or pan. Pour in entire egg mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs set.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with a side of sour cream.