This is a sponsored post by Post Pebbles. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this site possible.
One of the things I love about being a mom is that I am forced to slow down, sometimes stop, and appreciate the tiniest things. It was very difficult for me at first because I was so used to following my own schedule with my own routine, completing my special projects and moving on to the next thing with efficiency and speed. Well, that hasn’t happened in years and it’s taken some getting used to.
One of those moments is breakfast time. My mornings were rushed, boring and just so sad. Enter a child and things got so much exciting. One of my favorite breakfast cereals when growing up was Chocolate Pebbles. They were such a treat Saturday mornings as I sneaked into the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of milk with a heaping bowl of crispy chocolate rice cereal to enjoy Saturday morning cartoons, belly-down on the floor.
Things have shifted a bit and now it’s my son who sneaks into the kitchen to pour his own Chocolate Pebbles Cereal.
Now, I’m changing our weekend routine just a bit. Post has introduced new Cinnamon Pebbles and we are over the moon with this new flavor. Because cinnamon rolls are such a sweet morning treat, I decided to make cinnamon waffles with a milk glaze that resembles the taste of a cinnamon roll. The Cinnamon Pebbles are in the batter which give it a crispy, crunchy bite and on top for that extra cinnamon taste. The glaze gives it the sweetness of syrup and the gooeyness of a cinnamon roll. I love the nostalgia of this breakfast because it’s a combination of a cereal we all love and a breakfast that can be enjoyed as a family on weekend mornings.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Cinnamon Pebbles Cereal
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup melted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 2 cups Cinnamon Pebbles in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, milk, buttermilk and butter.
- Stir in wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in egg whites into mixture with a silicone spatula until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop 1/3 cup mixture on preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with remaining Cinnamon Pebbles, pecans and a drizzle of milk glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar, water and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until a glaze consistency forms.