This is a sponsored post by Saborea Uno Hoy. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
My favorite time of the year is here. Baking season! A time to be cozy in the kitchen and create beautiful desserts to enjoy or gift to loved ones.
Looking through my recipes, I noticed that my cookie recipe selection was scarce. I had to remedy that quickly! My husband loves oatmeal cookies and when I found this recipe at www.saboreaunohoy.com, I was ecstatic that I would be able to enhance our cookies with the benefits of fresh avocados.
This recipe calls for one large fresh avocado or two small. It can easily be modified to ingredients you have available in your pantry. If dates are difficult to find, try raisins or cranberries.
Because these cookies include avocado in the recipe, it now has nutritional benefits such as cholesterol-free good fats, a good source of fiber to help you feel fuller faster and aid in reducing certain chronic diseases. Let’s not forget folate. Folate is very important, especially for pregnant women. It’s a nutrient that helps prevent birth defects and aids with proper brain function.
Fresh avocados can be easily incorporated in your daily meals. What a revelation I had knowing that I can include it in an oatmeal cookie. What an effortless way to increase fruit and vegetable intake for kids.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups white multi grain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh avocado, mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain, low fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dates, pitted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 2 large (or 4 small) baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, avocado, sugar, yogurt and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients have incorporated. Add oat mixture to avocado mixture and mix well. Stir in dates.
- Scoop ¼ cup cookie mixture onto prepared baking sheets, leaving a 2-inch space between scoops. Bake for 18-22 or until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
To get you started in making healthy Hass avocado recipes, enter to win $200. All you have to do is enter below.
For more recipes ideas and helpful cooking tips, visit www.saboreaunohoy.com