I’ve been experimenting with my Philips Airfryer for a few weeks now and I couldn’t be happier. A couple of weeks ago, I made airfryer cauli-tots. A hit with the entire family! They travel well in lunch boxes and make a fun finger food for a casual get-together. They can be a kid-friendly treat dipped in ketchup or dressed up with a fancy aioli or spicy sauce. The beauty of all this is that I only used a couple tablespoons of olive oil to fry the entire batch. No deep frying was involved.
Now, it was time to play with dessert. I’ve always wanted to make polvorones, or sweet crumbly biscuits to enjoy with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of strong coffee. I found that the Philips Airfryer was the perfect tool to prepare these delectable cookies on a whim.
The Philips Airfryer is very easy to use with a built-in timer and fully adjustable temperature control for consistent results. I love that I can set the timer and know that my dishes will be evenly cooked with the perfect crisp. And thanks to the suspended frying basket, preparing everything from meats to veggies is easy. Excess moisture and fat drains to the bottom of the pan away from the food during cooking.
For more information about Philips Airfryer, visit www.philips.com/airfryer. For recipe inspiration, watch Gordon Ramsay’s Airfryer recipe videos, or download Philips Airfryer’s convenient mobile app which includes 200 recipes from around the world in addition to helpful tips and how-to videos.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- sprinkles or nonpareils for topping
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and butter in a large bowl. Mix by hand until ingredients have thoroughly combined. Add milk and shape into a ball. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat Philips Airfryer to 330° F.
- Place nonpareils in a small shallow bowl.
- Separate dough into 16 portions. Mold each portion into a ball, press to form a patty. Place patty on bowl containing nonpareils, lightly pressing to evenly cover top portion with nonpareils. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cut 4 - 2x2-inch aluminum foil squares.
- Place 4 patties, nonpareils side up on each aluminum foil square, in airfryer basket approximately 1 ½-2 inches apart. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough patties and reserving aluminum foil squares in airfryer basket to avoid any dough falling through the airfryer basket.