This is a sponsored post by Seneca Snacks. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
One of my favorite appetizers to enjoy during a party is a cheese ball. Presentation is key and a party cheese ball just screams delicious fun. I’ve had my share of party cheese balls that include cheddar cheese, bacon, avocado and even cranberries. I’ve never had the pleasure to enjoy a dessert cheeseball, so I decided to create one as simple as possible.
With just a few ingredients from your pantry, a pineapple cheese ball can grace your party spread. Scoop it up with Seneca Snacks Apple Chips to keep the fruit theme and enjoy every single crunchy bite of this dessert appetizer. The pineapple in this recipe can be either fresh or canned. It’s up to you and whatever you have at hand.
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 pineapple rings (about ½ cup), patted dry
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Seneca Snacks Apple Chips
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, pineapple and zest. Mix well with a large spoon until evenly combined. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Extend a 12-inch x 12-inch piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Place pecans on plastic wrap, evenly spreading into a single layer.
- Using both hands, shape cream cheese mixture into a ball. Place ball in the middle of pecan-covered plastic wrap and carefully roll ball, lifting plastic wrap sides and evenly covering the cream cheese ball with pecans. Wrap cream cheese ball with the same plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, serve with Seneca Snacks Apple chips and enjoy.