This is a sponsored post by Flatout Flatbread. All opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
Ground meat, whether it’s beef or turkey, is a staple in my home. From meatloaf to albondigas, the possibilities are endless when it comes to coming up with ground meat meal ideas. The beauty of it all is that ground meat is very kid friendly. My son will devour it in a soup, sandwich, burrito and any other way I present it to him.
Lately I’ve been loving the versatility of Flatout Foldits. I’ve been making dulce de leche and strawberry dessert sandwiches, meringue gaznates and now I’ve decided to take it the savory route and make small baskets to hold a nice serving of picadillo.
These tiny, one serving baskets, can hold just about anything. From a sweet fruit salad, a scoop of ice cream, scrambled eggs and hearty picadillo. It’s a very fun way to serve tasty bites in a party atmosphere or an impromptu play date.
Flatout Foldits can be found in the deli or bread section of your grocery store. Need recipe ideas? Check out the Flatout Flatbread website where you can find endless meals using all of Flatout’s products.
- 3 Flatout Foldits
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ pound ground beef 80/20
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup yellow Dutch potatoes, diced
- ½ cup Roma tomato, diced
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice Flatout Foldits in half and lightly brush with olive oil on both sides. Fit each Foldit slice in muffin tin, gently pressing around sides, forming a cup. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over low medium heat. Stir in ground beef breaking it apart with a large spoon. Add onion, garlic and potatoes; cover and cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Add tomato and seasoned salt. Stir, cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes more. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and cover until ready to assemble.
- Scoop ground beef mixture in Flatout Foldit cups and serve.