This is a sponsored post by Seneca Snacks. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
Everyone should have an appetizer go-to recipe in their recipe box. It’s the recipe everyone expects when they stop by for a visit or when they ask you to contribute something yummy to the office pot luck or family picnic. This one is mine. Brie is a party favorite. It’s creamy, smooth and salty. When paired with a savory-sweet chutney, the brie’s flavors are elevated and it transforms into an elegant treat for any occasion. How to make this rich appetizer better? Instead of crackers, scoop it up with Seneca Snacks Pear Chips.
Seneca Snacks Pear Chips have a delicate flavor that brings out the ingredients in the pear chutney and warm milky brie. I love how impressive this appetizer looks but in reality, it’s very simple to assemble and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- ½ shallot, minced
- 1 ripe pear, cored and cut into ¼ inch dice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1/8 (pinch) ground cloves
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or walnuts
- 1 4-inch brie wheel
- Seneca Snacks Pear Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Add pear, vinegar, honey and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in raisins and walnuts and remove from heat.
- Carefully remove top rind from brie with a small knife. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until brie begins to melt.
- Remove from oven, carefully transfer to a serving platter and spoon pear chutney over brie. Serve with Seneca Snacks Pear Chips.