This Uvas y Queso Snack recipe is a sponsored post by Grapes from California. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this website possible.
I am an ambassador for Grapes from California for the third year in a row! It wouldn’t be appropriate if I didn’t begin my 2016 ambassadorship celebrating the fall grape season with some helpful ways to keep the lunch box fun!
School is now back in session. Since my son began school three years ago, I’ve been prepping his school lunch almost every single day. The task can be challenging because the lunch box routine can easily fall into a rut. These meals must be enticing, convenient, healthy and delicious at the same time. Not easy.
One ingredient that I rely on during my lunch-packing is California Grapes. They are perfectly portable and can go anywhere you do. They are delicious for snacking right off the bunch and make the perfect grab-and-go snack.
Grapes are satisfying and delicious on their own as a super snack, but they are also an ideal healthy mix-in. By mixing grapes in your snacks, salads, sandwiches, sides and smoothies, you add a boost of added flavor, texture and nutrition to your every day meals.
Here are some tasty examples on how to incorporate grapes in your school or office lunch:
- Snacks: Graham crackers, cream cheese and grapes, frozen grape banana skewers, grape and peanut butter pita pizzas.
- Salads: Kale salad with grapes and pine nuts, quinoa and grape curry salad or try my grape sunflower seed cabbage salad.
- Sandwiches: Grilled panini with grapes and arugula
- Sides: Roasted grapes, butternut squash, rosemary and grape bake.
- Smoothies: Breakfast to-go smoothies, green tea and grape antioxidant smoothie.
Lunch time doesn’t have to be boring. Add a loving note or a “joke of the day” to your kid’s lunch box. Bento boxes are fun alternative to the lunch bag. They are inexpensive and are helpful in measuring food portions and equally serving carbohydrates and proteins in the meal.
This Uvas y Queso treat, which literally translates to Grapes and Cheese is an easy snack or dessert that can be served in your child’s lunch box. Refrigerate overnight and pack in a tightly sealed container, with an ice source to help keep it cool for several hours. By the time lunch rolls around, your uvas y queso will be ready to enjoy.
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ½ cup red grapes from California, halved
- ½ cup green grapes from California, halved
- 2 tablespoons granola
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, condensed milk and lime zest. Stir until mixed well. Divide mixture in two serving containers. Enjoy immediately or , refrigerate overnight. or serve at room temperature. Top with grapes from California, and granola and enjoy.