This Turkey Garbanzo Rice recipe is sponsored by Knorr®. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this website possible.
I love recreating my most memorable childhood dishes. Rice, beans and fideo were always a staple in our home. My mother took those three ingredients and created endless combinations of unique meals for our entire family day in and day out. I try to instill that family tradition in my son and create a variety of different meals with classic and new ingredients I find during my grocery shopping trips every week.
I grew up with Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon as a seasoning in my meals and I continue to pass on those Latin flavors in my cooking. Now, I discovered Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ as a convenient way to continue my mission of creating meals my family will enjoy but with my own modern twist.
Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Yellow Rice is brand new and will be available this fall. Create your own twist of a classic childhood recipe or make one of your own. Find more recipe inspiration in the Knorr® brand page on allrecipes.com and follow on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #Knorr.
Make this one-pot-meal for your family in no time! A hearty meal perfect for those busy weekdays.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast, chopped in small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Yellow Rice
- 2/3 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2/3 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey, turning the pieces carefully to cook evenly. Add lime juice, stir and set aside.
- Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Yellow Rice according to package instructions.
- Stir in turkey, garbanzo beans and tomato and cover. Cook for 1 minute. Add avocado and parsley, remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!