This is a sponsored post by Sabra Hummus. All opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
For some time now I’ve been using hummus as a condiment in my sandwiches. Hummus has more flavor and substance than regular ol’ mayonnaise. Not to mention, less fat too. When Sabra Hummus released their new line of spreads, I had to create something special for the lunchbox.
This sandwich had to overflow with flavors so I selected a beautiful pistachio mortadella that shouted my name from the deli counter. It was the perfect pairing for Sabra’s Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Spread. I added tangy green olives, capers and lots of thinly sliced red onion rounds. The cheese of choice was Provolone and to make it just a little more hearty, I added a few slices of smoked ham. It was perfection.
Sabra Hummus Spreads have 75% less fat than mayo and it comes in three flavors: Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, Garlic Herb, and Honey Mustard. All three varieties are vegan, kosher, gluten-free, and non-dairy, contain 0g Trans Fat, 0mg cholesterol and are made with the best quality ingredients. What more could you ask for? Easy to handle? You got it! Sabra Spreads come in a convenient squeezable bottle that can easily be stored in your refrigerator door. If you didn’t already love hummus before, I think this will make you convert completely to a hummus sandwich spreader.
Find the new line of Sabra Spreads in the deli section of your grocery store. For more information on Sabra and their other delicious products, visit Sabra.com.
- 1 6-inch French bread, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Sabra Spreads Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 6-8 slices red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce pistachio mortadella, thinly sliced (about 4 slices)
- 1 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced (about 4 slices)
- .5 ounce provolone cheese, thinly sliced (about 3 slices)
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Place French on skillet sliced side down. Heat until bread is warm and slightly brown. Turn halves over and toast the topside of bread until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Spread Sabra Spread evenly on both bread halves. Top bottom half with olives, capers and onion. Continue with layers of mortadella, ham and cheese. Cover with top half. Slice in half and enjoy!