This is a sponsored post by POST Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this website possible.
The heat wave lately has been taken a toll on us lately. So much so, that ice cream and popsicles were becoming part of our daily routine. I had to put an end to that immediately and incorporate some fruit and fiber into our snacks. Freezing bananas, dipping them in melted chocolate, peanut butter or dulce de leche and topping them with better-for-you ingredients can automatically become a replacement to sugary ice cream snacks. At the same time, help you keep cool and satisfied with no guilt attached.
My version of choco-bananos calls for crushed Honey Bunches of Oats with Crispy Almonds as a topping. I love the crunch each and every bite gets with bits of crispy cereal and almonds. The cool, sweet banana tastes just as a creamy frozen treat and I feel great my family is enjoying this wholesome treat.
I love this treat so much that I want to share it with you. If you are in the Sylmar, CA area this Saturday, August 27. Come have a sample. I will be with my friends from Honey Bunches of Oats at Vallarta Supermarket, 13820 Foothill, Sylmar, CA, passing out these delicious choco-bananos. If you want to prepare them at home, check out my recipe below. Your entire family will love having these tasty treats as after school and weekend snacks on warm days.
- 3 bananas sliced crosswise
- 6 wooden craft (or popsicle) sticks
- ¾ cup 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
- Peel banana halves and insert craft (or popsicle) stick on the sliced side of each half. Place in a glass pie dish or baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Place Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds on a shallow dish or plate. Lightly crush with the bottom of a glass cup.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler over low heat. Making sure simmering water does not touch top dish. Stir gently until chocolate melts completely. Pour melted chocolate in a glass shorter than the frozen bananas.
- Line a tray or large plate with parchment paper.
- Dip each frozen banana in chocolate, turning to coat evenly and immediately roll on Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. Place on parchment-lined tray and serve immediately. You can also wrap each choco-banano in plastic wrap and freeze up to one week.