After almost six years of cooking for this blog, I am astonished that I’ve never published any hamburger recipes. It’s time to change that. Because so much time has passed, I decided to create a hamburger that can be served three different ways for different tastes or for a burger bar if your heart desires.
I call this perfect hamburger recipe because whether you like your burger spicy, sweet or savory, this is the burger for you! Made with grilled pineapple to give it a sweet island feel, chipotle cream for those that prefer smokey heat or a flavorful aioli for extra juiciness. Make one or make them all for a an outdoor party or a casual family patio lunch.
The aioli and chipotle sauce can be served as a spread or in dipping bowls. It’s easier to dip if the burgers are sliced in half or customized to slider size. Don’t forget the fries and refreshing iced tea to enjoy your burger on a breezy summer day.
- 1 tablespoon Nescafe Clasico Coffee Granules
- 2 teaspoons (packed) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Maggi Bouillon Chicken flavor
- 2 pounds ground sirloin beef 90/10
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Bouillon chicken flavor
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Romaine lettuce
- 8 Pepper Jack cheese slices
- 8 onion slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 slices pineapple, grilled
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk Fat Free
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo (or 2 small), seeds removed
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Mash minced garlic with salt using a large knife.
- Whisk yolk, lemon juice and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil and vegetable oil in a separate bowl.
- Add oils to yolk mixture, ½ teaspoon at a time and whisking rapidly. Continue until all oil is added and emulsified.
- Whisk in garlic paste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine yogurt, evaporated milk, chipotle chile, garlic clove, Maggi and lime juice
- in blender container. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine beef, Maggi and soy sauce in a large bowl. Mix with hands until thoroughly combined. Divide into 8 balls and flatten to ½-inch patties. Make a thumbprint indentation in the middle of each patty.
- Brush grill pan with cooking oil or cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of rub on each side of each patty. Place patties on grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep hot.
- Spread aioli on tops and bottoms of hamburger buns. Place Romaine lettuce atop bottom halves of buns, top with beef patty, cheese slice, onion, tomato slice, dollop of chipotle sauce and grilled pineapple slice. Cover with bun tops and serve. Serve with remaining chipotle sauce.
This recipe was originally developed for El Mejor Nido.