This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VidaAguacate #CollectiveBias
Summer is a time for casual family gatherings, impromptu settings and quick and easy planning. It must be effortless in order to be enjoyable, but it must also be thoroughly fresh and creative to keep the fun vibe going with your guests.
We had company over this past weekend and I had to put my thinking cap on to create an appetizer that was simple, made with minimal ingredients, but sophisticated enough to serve as an irresistible appetizer. I put my bowl of Avocados From Mexico to work and I joined the Avocados From Mexico Vida Aguacate Club to discover a multitude of ways to incorporate this good fat ingredient into our everyday meals.
Avocados From Mexico is giving entrants the chance to win a $125 gift card or a Selfie Stick!
I learned that Avocados From Mexico can be incorporated into a variety of nutritious eating plans because they have no cholesterol and are full of flavor. One of my favorite tips and tricks from Avocados From Mexico is this helpful guide on how to select an avocado for ripeness and how to easily open an avocado for use.
Depending on your dish, an avocado is prepared differently. Avocados From Mexico also shows you the variety of ways to slice, cube, mash or scoop your next avocado.
Avocados are a year round wonder full of nutritional benefits.
For my quick appetizer, I decided to use leftover requeson, pistachios, toasted sesame seeds and lemon pepper. You are more than welcome to coat these in any spices, seeds and finely chopped nuts you wish. I found the saltiness and crunch of the pistachios balance out with the creaminess of the avocado and requeson. Mexican chile powder, red pepper flakes or smoked chipotle powder will give this simple appetizer some heat.
The best way to serve these avocado halves is as an appetizer or snack with toasted French bread such as crostini, toast, tostadas, crackers or breadsticks. It’s easily spreadable and very fun to serve.
- ½ cup raw, salted pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons requeson*, divided
- Combine pistachios, sesame seeds and lemon pepper in a medium plate or shallow bowl. Stir to distribute evenly. Set aside.
- Remove avocado pits and carefully remove skin.
- Fill centers of avocado halves with 1 tablespoon requeson each.
- Roll each avocado half on pistachio/sesame seed/lemon pepper mixture. Coat the outside of the avocado evenly.
- Place avocado halves on a serving tray with crackers, crostini or tostadas and serve.
*If requeson is not available, use cream cheese, goat cheese or ricotta.