These last few days, the oven has been completely turned off. As soon as summer began and temperatures reached 90 degrees, hot foods have been put to rest for a while. It is finally time to celebrate with some cool picnic food.
My mom makes an amazing Mexican chicken salad that we like to enjoy at family potlucks and outdoor parties. I wanted to recreate her famous salad with turkey for my family and wrap it up in Flatout Flatbread Multi-grain with Flax. I knew that the flavors and convenience of a hand-held wrap would make this tasty lunch much more enticing for everyone. The wraps travel well, keep well and no silverware is needed. Easy.
Flatout Flatbread can be found at your local grocery store. Look in the deli section and you will find a large variety of wraps, pizza crusts or Foldits. Every Flatout variety is low in fat, a good source of fiber and a healthier and perfect canvas for pizzas, tostadas, wraps, sandwiches, pinwheels and wraps. Not only will Flatout Flatbread save on lunch preparation time but will make dinner and sweet and savory snacks an easy prep as well.
- 1 pound cooked turkey breast, room temperature, shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped in small pieces
- 1 ½ cups green apple, chopped in small pieces
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped, plus 12 large leaves for serving
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, chopped in small pieces
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 6 Flatout Flatbread Multigrain with Flax
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, apple, small pieces of lettuce, pecans and jalapeño. Stir to combine.
- Fold in mayonnaise until evenly combined.
- Place 2 romaine leaves on each Flatout Flatbread. Spoon approximately ¾ cup-1 cup salad on each wrap. Wrap tightly, repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve and enjoy.
Shredded chicken can be used instead of turkey.
This is a sponsored post by Flatout Flatbread. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.