This is a sponsored post by La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this blog possible.
I love making my family proud and once in a while, I get out of my baking comfort zone in my kitchen and challenge myself with a recipe I only dreamed of preparing. It’s all worth it in the end when I see the smiles on their faces enjoying an elegant dessert I thought was way too complicated to bake. I secretly give myself a pat on the back and look forward to my next adventure.
For this particular baking challenge, it was all about the sweet smell of chocolate permeating in my home. That aroma could only mean one thing: Chocolate cake! But this his time, it’s not just chocolate cake. I decided to take this popular dessert to the next level and make Mexican chocolate molten lava cakes with La Lechera sweetened condensed milk.
As one of my favorite desserts to enjoy at a restaurant, never in a million years did I think I could prepare them at home. The ooey-gooey melted chocolate in the center of these mini-cakes made me wonder how on earth these were baked. Little did I know this dessert was so quick and easy to prepare. With the creaminess of La Lechera, the prep was simple and foolproof.
With a chocolate dessert, comes a chocolate celebration. Small enough for a sweet tooth craving but impressive enough for a special celebration, these rich little cakes will be a hit on Father’s Day, birthdays and even a sweet ending to a romantic dinner for two.
The possibilities are endless with this fun and decadent canvas. I can make them a la mode, top them off with berry preserves or sprinkle in some coffee granules in the mix for a mocha variation. No matter what you decide to incorporate in this recipe to make it your own, one thing is for sure: A happy crowd all around asking for more.
Get inspired just like I did with La Lechera. I found countless creative recipes to wow my loved ones with by following La Lechera on Facebook.
- 12 ounces 70% dark bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, slightly cooler than room temperature (about 20 minutes out of refrigeration)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease 8 ovenproof ½-cup ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and place them on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not come in contact with the water. If water gets into the melting chocolate, it will seize and become unusable.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat with hand mixer until creamy. With mixer still running, slowly add condensed milk, continuing to mix until all ingredients have combined.
- Continuing to mix, gradually add in eggs, one at a time. Beat in cinnamon and vanilla. Decrease mixer speed to low and beat in melted chocolate. When chocolate has been incorporated, stir in flour.
- Divide mixture evenly among ramekins. Place baking sheet with ramekins in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until edges are set.
- Carefully run a small knife along edges and invert ramekin on a serving plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve with raspberries and mint.