Made to order brick oven pizzas have been very popular these last couple of years. You get in line, select your toppings from a bar-full of ingredients behind the sneeze guard, your pizza goes in the brick oven and presto! You’re good to go. Out of the large selection of toppings, why are refried beans never an option?
With that thought, I decided to create my own version of my perfect pizza. No tomato sauce and no pepperoni was needed. Just give me some black refried beans, soy chorizo, stringy Oaxaca cheese, jalapeños and Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza crust and my ideal pizza heaven was created. Because Flatout Artisan Thin PizzaCrusts toasts nicely in the oven in just a few minutes, the result is a crispy, almost tostada like. Similar to a Oaxacan tlayuda.
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I found it appropriate to share this creation with you. As if you need an excuse! My excuse is just that I’m hungry and that a delicious crispy pizza with beans and soy chorizo on a Flatout should never be passed up. With the convenience of Flatout Flatbreads, the pizza, sandwich and wraps possibilities are endless.
- 1 Rustic White Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust
- Olive oil
- ¾ cup refried black beans
- 1/3 cup cooked soy chorizo, crumbled
- ½ cup quesillo or Oaxaca cheese, shredded or in strings
- 1 fresh jalapeño, sliced
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil. Cook in oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread black beans evenly on crust. Top with soy chorizo, cheese and jalapeño slices. Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes or until edges of crust become golden and cheese has melted. Remove from oven, Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. Top with your favorite salsa and enjoy.
This is a sponsored post by Flatout Flatbread. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this blog possible.