I’ve been making so many positive changes in my lifestyle these last few weeks and I am seeing the results! I have more energy because I am going to bed at a scheduled time every night. I also drink lots of water to keep hydrated throughout the day and I squeeze in a workout a few times a week to keep my heart rate up. One of the biggest changes I’ve made is making time every morning to enjoy a hot breakfast during my morning rush. I’ve noticed that I am more productive throughout the day and I don’t hit that dreaded 3pm crash I used to experience in the past.
Because of this change, I’ve become more creative in saving breakfast prep time. One of those valuable shortcuts is finding products that save time without compromising on taste and quality ingredients. I’ve discovered McCann’s Quick and Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal® to keep my breakfasts and snacks on point. McCann’s Quick and Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal is not only quick and easy to prepare but it also has all the benefits of traditional Irish cut oatmeal. Rich in texture with a hint of nutty taste, McCann’s Quick and Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal is made from 100% whole grain Irish oats, are minimally processed and has earned its first GMO certification from the Non-GMO project (as have two other products, McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 28 oz. Tin and McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in the 16 oz. Box).
To keep our breakfast menu fun and different every time, I decided to prepare my first oatmeal bake. Perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or a mid-day snack, this treat is packed with fruit and nuts. This time I used strawberries, bananas and walnuts but could be easily customized with your favorite fruit of the season. By using sweeteners such as honey, brown sugar, raisins and even chocolate chips, breakfast will no longer be tasteless and boring. McCann’s Quick and Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal can be customized with your favorite ingredients to your liking.
Check out my recipe below and enter to win a $25 gift card. For more information on McCann’s Irish Oatmeal, visit http://mccanns.irish/ or follow the hashtag #McCannsIrishOats on social media.
- 1 cup McCann’s Quick and Easy Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced, divided
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 10”x10” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine oats, 1/3 sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, and 1 cup strawberries in a large bowl. Fold to combine.
- Combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla in a separate bowl. Whisk to combine. Add milk mixture to oat mixture and fold to combine. Pour mixtures into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining walnuts, chocolate, strawberry slices and banana slices. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining sugar, increase oven temperature to 500 and return oatmeal bake to oven for 3 minutes or until brown sugar melts.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.