This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena#CollectiveBias
This week, it was announced that Los Angeles will be welcoming a professional football team. It’s been years a long time since Los Angeles has been a football city. The excitement is consuming everyone because the team will start to play this year and a new stadium will be built. I can’t wait!
For now, we must enjoy the games in the comfort of our own home. I love that too because we get to “homegate,” a trendy term for tailgating at home. Food will be cooked and teams will be cheered-on as we enjoy a table-full of appetizers and drinks. One of my favorite appetizers to enjoy during a sporting event, whether it is at the stadium or at home, is nachos. Not just ordinary nachos, chipotle chicken nachos.
The recipe is simple and quick. The star of the show is a creamy sauce made with La Morena Chipotle Chiles in Adobo that gives the spicy and smoky hints in every bite. Don’t worry, the cream in the sauce is a great way to tame down the heat so you can add or omit as much as you’d like and according to how much your palate can handle the delicious chipotle heat.
With the big game just a few weeks away, I’m excited to debut my nacho recipe with my family. If you are not a big fan of chicken, substitute with turkey or seafood. Chipotle shrimp, salmon, crab or tuna will combine well with this versatile sauce. You don’t have to limit this dish to just poultry.
La Morena products can be found at your local grocery store. I found my ingredients at Ralphs. It takes just a few ingredients because with this dish, a little goes a long way. Perfect for a large hungry crowd ready to tackle the appetizer table no matter what. Even cleanup is simple. Just line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and when it’s time to discard, all you have to do is remove the aluminum sheet and throw away. Nobody likes to clean up after a long night of cheering and eating.
For more recipe ideas for the big game visit La Morena or follow the hashtag #VivaLaMorena on social channels. Enjoy the game!
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 La Morena canned chipotle chiles plus 2 tablespoons adobo
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups refried beans
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package Mexican cheese blend, shredded, divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup La Morena Pickled Jalapeños, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Combine creme fraiche, chicken bouillon, lemon juice and chipotle chiles in a blender container. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and chipotle cream. Fold to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread tortilla chips evenly on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/3 cheese. Add spoonfuls of beans, creamy chipotle chicken distributed evenly and 1/3 shredded cheese. Top with tomatoes, green onions, and remaining 1/3 cheese. Heat in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven.
- Top with jalapeños, cilantro, avocado and a sprinkle of chipotle adobo before enjoying.