This is a sponsored post by Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.
Tuesdays are my busiest day of the week. It’s a day when I get all my grocery shopping done for the week. This includes shopping for my family meals as well as shopping for any recipe development and recipe testing that needs to be done for the week.
Tuesdays are also a heavy homework day for my son and not to mention soccer practice day. There is lots of running around and I’m left with little or no time to cook something my son will eat right before he heads off to practice.
Luckily, I had made my monthly Sam’s Club trip recently and I was able to stock up on some of our KRAFT favorites. Yes, you guessed it. KRAFT Cheese & Macaroni Dinner was part of our shopping haul. Because most of the time I am strapped for time, KRAFT favorites come in handy. Not only does Sam’s club carry KRAFT Cheese and Macaroni, but also some popular lunch box items like Kraft Singles, Lunchables and CAPRI SUN.
This past Tuesday, KRAFT Cheese & Macaroni saved the day. I prepared a quick dinner. All I had to do was add baked meatballs, tomatoes and gave it some texture and crunch with seasoned bread crumbs. My son devoured it and asked for seconds.
Shopping at Sam’s Club is an experience in itself. I was able to find everything I needed for my meal plan for the next few weeks not to mention I was able to get some of my holiday shopping done. Did I mention I renewed my membership? Yup. I’m set at simplifying my work load during the holidays with so many choices, low prices and great value.
- 5 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk 2%, divided
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 boxes (7.25 ounces each) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 12 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup colby cheese, shredded
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bow, combine ground pork, 1 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, egg, 1/2 cup milk, mustard, seasoned salt and fennel.
- Mix ingredients with hands. Shape into 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Lightly sprinkle with flour, covering all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry meatballs in batches for approximately 5 minutes or until all sides are browned. Clean any oil residue, add 2 more tablespoons oil in skillet and repeat frying second batch of meatballs. Set aside, cover and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Stir in macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain. Do not rinse and return to pan.
- Add butter, remaining milk and cheese sauce mix. Mix well.
- Transfer macaroni to a 9x13 baking dish. Top with chopped tomato, meatballs, remaining breadcrumbs and cheese. Heat in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and breadcrumbs begin to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool and serve.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club.