As Dia de Muertos approaches, I begin to create a full menu that includes lots of mole, pan de muerto, atole and other treats to honor our loved ones who have passed. From appetizer to dessert, everything must be set as an offering on our altar for us to enjoy the day after Day of the Dead.
Pure pumpkin, such as Libby’s is a great ingredient to turn into a dip. Not only because it’s the perfect season for it but it has also a mild flavor great for pairing and its consistency is perfect for dipping.
If you’ve never tried cookie butter, or speculoos as it is referred as, you’re in for a treat. HEB has a great cookie butter called Speculoos Creamy Cookie Butter that has the consistecy of peanut butter but the flavor of spiced shortbread cookies, crushed finely into a butter. It’s a dream come truy, right?
I take those two ingrediens and mixed them up to create the most decadent autumn dip. Not to mention the easiest and addicting dip. To make this recipe more intriguing, mix in some chipotle chile powder and serve it with your favorite dipping treats. It goes well with sweet crackers and fruit as well as savory vegetables.
You can’t go wrong with this appetizer. Make plenty because it will go fast!
Recipe by Nestle and HEB
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 jar (13.4 oz.) HEB® Specaloos Creamy Cookie Butter
- 4 oz. light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- apple slices
- carrot sticks
- graham crackers
- celery sticks
- Combine pumpkin, cookie butter, cream cheese and ground chipotle pepper in medium bowl
- until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate in tightly covered container for up to 4 days.
- Serve with apple slices, carrots, graham crackers and celery sticks
For a slightly thicker dip, try using 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin.