This is part of a sponsored campaign with [yellow tail] . However all opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines, 16 C.F.R Part 255.
Because it’s been so hot in Southern California these past few days, our Labor Day holiday will be celebrated outdoors under cool misters and a refreshing glass of sangria at hand. I’m a big fan of aguas frescas and agua fresca de jamaica is the drink that epitomizes those warm summer days in Mexico (and in Los Angeles too!). So I decided to combine the two and create the ultimate summer drink of the year: Flor de jamaica sangria with elderflower liqueur. Sounds fancy right? It is. But you will be surprised how simple this drink is to prepare.
[ yellow tail ] Sangria is a delicious mix of citrus and red wine. The aroma is enticing and perfumed with orange rind, citrus and red berry notes that splashes onto the palate with a soft, sweet citrus flavor and hints of spirit. You can always add your favorite fruit, simple syrup or drink it as is, over ice. It’s equally refreshing any way you wish.
The rising temperatures as the summer concludes will make it easier to enjoy this drink time and time again. Great for outdoor gatherings and celebrations, [yellow tail] Red Sangria pairs well with: BBQ meats/beef (burgers, roast beef, beef stew, peppercorn steak); poultry (chicken skewers, chicken teriyaki, chicken parmesan, roast duck); and your favorite seafood such as grilled shrimp, fried calamari and baked oysters. If you just can’t get enough of it, you can always bring it indoors and enjoy a pairing with strong cheeses such as blue cheese, sharp cheddar and gruyere.
Celebrating a day off with family doesn’t have to be complicated. Keep it casual and comfortable for your guests. If the heat is unbearable when the sun is out, wait until the sun begins to set and create an outdoor movie night atmosphere with your favorite movie snacks, confy seating such as big cushions and blankets on the grass and a tall pitcher of [yellow tail] Sangria. Use a projector and white sheet for your ultimate movie experience and enjoy a fun night with your friends, family and neighbors.
To make this post ten times more fun, the kind folks at [yellow tail] Sangria have allowed me to give away a #CelebraSangria bye-bye summer package. Enter for the opportunity to win below. Remember to keep cool and enjoy the little bit of summer we have left. Cheers!
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups green apple wedges
- 5 ouces elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 cups flor de jamaica syrup (hibiscus flower syrup)
- 1 bottle [yellow tail] Red Sangria
- hibiscus flowers in syrup for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine hibiscus flowers and water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve and set aside to cool. Reserve a few hibiscus flowers for garnish and discard the rest.
- In a large pitcher combine apple wedges, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, hibiscus flower syrup and [yellow tail] Sangria. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over ice and garnish with reserved hibiscus flowers.