Everyday I am thankful for what I do. I love to be creative, share my ideas and be so passionate about it, It doesn’t feel like work. I never would’ve thought I’d be creating recipes and photographing them for a living. Never in a million years. For that, I am thankful my parents moved to the United States to search for better lives for their kids. I am here, making my parent’s dream come true and I am happy, loving what I do and fulfilling my personal dream.
Every July 4th I reflect and evaluate my life and ask myself if I feel I am where I am supposed to be. I feel like I am and I am very fortunate to be loving life, creating special moments and traditions with my family. One of those traditions is making s’mores during the 4th of July festivities. We enjoy our barbecue feast and end our meal preparing decadent smores.
This year, we created smore’s pots for all our guests. Just like traditional s’mores, s’mores pots call for the same ingredients but presented in a different way. If you have small, microwave safe containers, you can create a beautiful dessert spread for your outdooor or indoor gathering. We usually assemble our s’mores for the grill, but this year we wanted to top them off with fresh fruit and prepare them in a unique way to distribute quickly and easy to our guests.
Guests love to assemble their own dessert pots. We gave them different topping options such as sweetened coconut, caramel and a variety of fresh fruits. My son and I opted for strawberries. Once everyone has their own custom s’more they are quickly heated in the microwave for 10-12 seconds and are immediately ready to be devoured.
The key ingredient is Honey Maid Graham Crackers. Layered on the base of the s’mores pot and sprinkled on top, it’s the perfect combination of sweet and crunch, just like a traditional smore.
For this July 4th, Honey Maid has produced this touching video of the Gomez family. A family similar to mine searching for that little piece of the American dream. I invite you to take a look at it. It definitely struck a chord we me and made my heart feel full inside.
For more information and tasty recipes visit Honey Maid. Follow along and share your love for all families using the hashtag #Meltingpot and #ThisisWholesome.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Honey Maid Graham Crackers, finely crushed
- 1 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bar, divided
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 fresh strawberries for garnish
- Layer 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers in a 6-ounce glass jar. Top with half the chocolate bar, leaving one piece for garnish. Place 3 marshmallows on chocolate layer. Repeat with remaining ingredients in a second 6-ounce jar.
- Heat in microwave for 10-12 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff up.
- Immediately remove from microwave and top each s'more pot with any remaining chocolate pieces, 1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers each and a strawberry for garnish. Enjoy warm.
This is a sponsored post by Honey Maid. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.