Can-It-Forward Day is Saturday, August 1! Visit FreshPreserving.com where they will broadcast live from the new state-of-the-art Jarden Home Brands headquarters in Fishers, Indiana. You can also watch it here! An event celebrating the joys of fresh preserving, Can-It-Forward Day encourages gardeners & food enthusiasts across the country to celebrate what “Made From Here” means to them by fresh preserving their favorite local ingredients in peak season. Over the past five years Can-It-Forward Day has helped tens of thousands of people learn to can, and Jarden Home Brands is excited to continue its hallmark event providing free recipes and instruction for safe home canning practices.
Did you know that fresh preserving is so popular that 2014 marked the most successful sales year in the Ball canning brand’s over 130 year history. Enough Ball canning jars were produced last year alone to circle the Earth!
To showcase the simplicity of home canning and spotlight “Made From Here” recipes, Jarden Home Brands has partnered with four blogger ambassadors from across the country to share their preserving expertise during the live webcast:
- Food in Jars‘ Marisa McClellan of Philadelphia, PA
- Hoosier Homemade‘s Liz Latham of LaPorte, IN
- Southern Plate‘s Christy Jordan of Hunstville, AL
- Yesterday on Tuesday‘s Malia Martine Karlinsky of Seattle, WA
The blogger ambassadors will join Jarden Home Brands in hosting this year’s International Can-It-Forward Day, each sharing a unique preserving recipe, special to their communities using delicious, seasonal produce like Sweet and Tangy Pickled Blueberries, Apple-Blueberry Jam and Green Tomato Relish during the webcast.
In addition to American favorites, the International event also features flavors from Australia as Chef Rebecca Sullivan demonstrates favorite recipes from down under. Chef Sarah Page of Jarden Home Brands will also take viewers behind the scenes of recipe testing and development, showcasing the science behind ensuring safety and the highest quality of all home canning recipes. Participating via web internationally, canners in Jarden Home Brands’ newest markets, South Africa, Australia and the UK, will also join by making and sharing their own favorite canning recipes.
For those interested in learning to preserve, pickle and more with the Ball brand mason jar, International Can-It-Forward Day, presented by Jarden Home Brands, provides a number of opportunities to participate:
- Tune in to a live webcast of canning demonstrations on the website for Ball brand home canning, www.FreshPreserving.com, from 11:00am – 4:00pm EST. The webcast will have an integrated chat function where consumers can submit their home canning questions to be answered in real time. New this year, there will also be an exciting celebrity mason jar auction unveiled during the webcast!
- Share what Made From Here means to you by hosting a home canning party on Saturday, August 1. New and experienced canners can visit www.FreshPreserving.com for the official International Can-It-Forward Day recipes (and dozens of other canning recipes) and participate at home with friends and family.
- Everyone is encouraged to share their home canning creations, tips and tricks via social media with the hashtag #canitforward. Engage online with Jarden Home Brands about Ball brand home canning products via the following social media channels: