This is part of a compensated campaign with MarketVision and Hershey. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make thi blog possible.
For a few years now, our s’mores making tradition has become a way of welcoming the summer. The school year is about to end and we’ve been filling up our summer calendar with soccer camps, pool days and a long-awaited vacation. We are anxiously counting down the days to sleep in just a little bit longer and make the best of what the California summer has in store for us.
Every year, we try to make our smore’s just a little different by incorporating different ingredients. From fresh berries to mango slices. This year, it’s banana slices. One thing is for sure, we always have our Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars, graham crackers and fluffy marshmallows on hand to create the perfect s’mores.
Because Hershey bars have that smooth chocolatey taste, they melt perfectly sandwiched in between your favorite graham crackers and marshmallows. Smore’s are traditionally prepared outdoors on the grill or over a camp fire, but you can also bring them indoors and prepare a big batch in the oven.
Since my son is six-years-old and very eager to help out in the kitchen, I found s’more making the perfect opportunity to bond with him. Not only was it so much fun cooking together, but I also found it the ideal educational situation. I was able to teach him simple fractions and division during the prepartion process. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars and graham crackers can be easily divided in a snap. Going from a whole bar to halves, quarters and eighths. I kept his full attention and it was a great way to touch on math doing something that we both love, Making smore’s!
Want to create your very own summer welcome with tasty Hershey Milk Chocolate s’mores? Enter for the opportunity to win your very own Weber® Smokey Joe® Charcoal Grill with HERSHEY’S Brand Logo and one (1) Extension Fork. by visitng the Verano Hershey page. Plus, save .50 cents on each Hearshey’s Milk Chocolate 6-pack simply by downloading the printable coupon below. Happy summer!
- 4 marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, broken into halves
- 2 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz.), broken into halves
- 1 banana. sliced
- Place 1 graham cracker half on paper towel; top with chocolate bar half, 1-2 banana slices and marshmallow. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) in 10 second intervals until marshmallow puffs. Immediately top with remaining graham cracker half; gently press together. Repeat for each serving; serve immediately.
- Place 1/2 of HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar (1.55 oz.) half, 1-2 banana slices on graham cracker half. Carefully toast marshmallow over grill or campfire (supervise and 1e the kids if they're doing this); place over chocolate. Top with second graham cracker half; gently press together.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1 layer of graham cracker halves on baking sheet, top with chocolate halves, 1-2 banana slices and marshmallow. Heat for 7 minutes or until marshmallows begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with second graham cracker half, gently pressing down.