This week, has been busy. Spending my time back and forth from kitchen to keyboard preparing a few desserts that you will see here very soon. Because I spend most of my time in the kitchen, ironically, I don’t have time to prepare myself a descent lunch. I usually eat whatever is available and quick to reheat between cooking and shooting food photos. I’ve been trying to cut that out and give myself an hour to eat just as if I worked a 9 to 5 job. It makes a difference to take a break, enjoy a nice meal and refuel for the second half of the day. Things get done quicker, with ease and I feel much better when I’m working.
Tacos are always a win if filled with fresh, good-for-you ingredients. The nice folks at Mission®, asked me to try out their new Gluten Free Tortillas and I saw this as an opportunity to prepare some fish tacos with a couple leftover fish fillets waiting for me in the freezer.
Fish tacos never appealed to me until I moved to Los Angeles. Fish tacos are everywhere and should be considered state dish. Now I enjoy my dose of homemade fish tacos every couple of weeks and have perfected my technique in fish prep, seasoning and serving. With Mission’s® new Gluten Free Tortillas you’ll get all of the goodness of a great tasting tortilla without the gluten. These are perfect for people with dietary restrictions or just want to cut back on gluten. Enjoy this quick and easy recipe of fish escabeche tacos next time you are pressed for time or just feel like enjoying a goo fish taco.
- 1 pound fish filets (I used salmon and halibut)
- garlic salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons limejuice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 8 Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas, warmed
- Season fish filets with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Place fish filets on hot oil and cook 4 minutes on each side. Set aside and chop in large pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, cilantro, tomato, chile, limejuice, olive oil and soy sauce. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Toss with a fork to combine all ingredients.
- Add cooked fish to vegetable mixture and fold to combine.
- Serve in warm Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas.
I’m required to disclose a sponsored partnership between our site and Mission Foods. I have been compensated in exchange for this post in the form of payment, product or experiences.