On Saturday August 16, Jarden Home Brands will host this year’s first ever International Can-It-Forward Day with special guest, renowned chef and Bravo’s Top Chef judge, Hugh Acheson! A day to celebrate home canning, International Can-It-Forward Day allows home cooks to connect with a variety of online and in-person activities, now expanded to Canada and Australia. New and experienced canners can participate in a live webcast, taking place at Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market, filled with canning demos where viewer questions will be answered in real-time by Chef Acheson and other experts while they learn the most popular (and delicious) home canning recipes. Twenty five farmers markets across the country will also be hosting Can-It-Forward Day celebrations!
In addition to the canning demos, there will also be segments on crafting, herb gardening and the brand’s new drinkware line! This year, we will also be attempting a Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Mason Jar Mosaic!
In honor of International Can-it-Forward Day, we are hosting this fabulous giveaway: Win this!
- The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars : These limited edition jars commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. These are being produced only in 2014 and are available in both pint and quart varieties.
- Fresh Herb Keeper: Many new to gardening start with herbs as an easy first step. To savor the seasonings, Ball has developed a new product to keep herbs fresh for up to two weeks.
- Dry Herb Jars : A perfectly-sized solution for storing your dried herbs. Great for storing seasonings, spices and rubs too! Stackable, low-profile design makes pantry or drawer storage more efficient than old, mis-matched containers.
- Frozen Herb Starters : Preserve your fresh seasonings in ready to use cubes filled with butter, oil or other liquid for easy and flavorful meal starters.
- 5 Blade Herb Scissors : Stainless steel blades to gently cut and evenly slice herbs like basil, parsley and cilantro.
- Ball Blue Book : Offering 125 pages that will guide you while you learn about preserving, this book provides information on equipment, instructions for the preserving method and recipes!