This post is sponsored by Whole Foods Market
Don’t blink because Muscat Grapes from Chile are in season and it’s a short one. These sweet gems are blushed pink with a very rich flavor. It’s the perfect amount of sweet burst in any green salad, invigorating beverage and juicy dessert.
I was in the mood for something refreshing so I made a cool granita to enjoy over the weekend. If you’ve never made granita, the process is as easy as making puree and pouring it over an ice cube tray. No fancy equipment is needed. The ice cubes will crumble easily with the scrape of a fork, ready to be savored on a warm spring day.
Muscat grapes are available for a short period of time at your local Whole Foods Market in California. Make sure you visit before the month is over. These beauties are only available for a short period of time. Don’t miss it!
- 4 cups Muscat grapes, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- mint leaves for garnish
- Place Muscat grapes and water in a blender and blend at hight speed.
- Run the mixture through a fine sieve into a large container. Stir in honey until ingredients have combined.
- Pour in an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- Place Muscat grape ice cubes in a large bowl and scrape and pick with a fork.
- Place in small serving glasses and garnish with mint leaves.