This is a sponsored post on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. I received compensation for this post, however all opinions stated are my own.
It’s awards season! But I don’t mean Hollywood’s Big Night on March 2, I mean the “Avo Awards.” Avocados from Mexico is rolling out the “green carpet” on Facebook for some friendly avocado competition and a few of my recipes are up in the running.
For your consideration, these are the my nominees…
- My Nectarine Queso Fresco Guacamole for Best Dressed Avocado, my favorite salad that features avocados
- My Avocado Cheesecake for Best Picture, showing the best food styling / food photo featuring avocados
- My Crab Salad with Cool Avocado Soup for Best Supporting Avocado, featuring a side dish that includes avocados
- My Hot Dog Torta for Best Leading Avocado, my favorite main dish that features avocado
Fresh avocados from Mexico are an extremely versatile fruit that can be eaten alone or used in a variety of recipes; as the main ingredient or topper, from appetizers to main dishes and even in desserts. That’s why, my nominees are the perfect example of the different ways avocados can be prepared.
To vote for your favorite recipes in the Avo Awards visit the Avocados from Mexico’s Facebook page from now through March 5. Look for the Avo Awards nominations, and vote for your favorites by commenting on the graphic.
I’m also giving away a $500 Avo Awards prize pack to one lucky reader who votes in the Avo Awards.
Prize pack includes:
- $200 cash gift card for your Awards Season entertaining supplies
- $150 Rent the Runway giftcard for your next “green carpet” event
- $25 Redbox gift card to rent your favorite movies
- entertainment supplies (worth $125) which include: Cheryl Forberg’s “Flavor First” Cookbook, OXO All in One Avocado Tool, Avocado Tea Towel, Avocado Green Wine Stopper, Avocado Serving Bowl.
For more recipes and tips, check out www.avocadosfrommexico.com and follow Avocados from Mexico on Twitter and on Pinterest @AvosFromMexico.
Want to talk more avocados? You’re invited to the #AvoAward Twitter party next week!
Avocados from Mexico Avo Awards Twitter Party
Date: Wednesday, February 26
Time: 9 – 10 p.m. ET
Avocados from Mexico Twitter: @avosfrommexico
Party co-hosts: @savvysassymoms and @Momtrends
Twitter party hash tag: #AvoAwards