Meet my new snacking obsession. There was a time when I was more fond of oatmeal than muesli. But then, I discovered that I was preparing muesli exactly how I would prepare oatmeal. That was so wrong! Muesli must be soaked. Overnight if possible. Did you know that? I didn’t. The instructions are clearly specified on the packaging. Hmmm….
Once I decided to read and follow directions as I should have years ago, muesli has been my quick breakfast of choice. It’s so filling and I love to pour warm coconut milk and mix in as many berries as I possibly can. It’s such a comforting way to face what the day has in store for you.
After many months of muesli and I getting reacquainted, I decided to take a stab at creating snacks with my new friend. Bob’s Red Mill has a Gluten Free Muesli and I was over the moon when I found out my snacks could be gluten free. I loved my new friend even more.
These chocolatey sweet and salty hedgehog bars take a few minutes to prepare but they do need to be refrigerated overnight in order for them to set. Cut them up in individual portions, wrap them up in plastic wrap and sneak them into your loved one’s lunch boxes for a sweet surprise.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Muesli
- 1/3 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios, shelled and chopped plus 2 tablespoons extra
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, place coconut milk and heat over low heat. Bring milk to a simmer and stir in chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and glossy.
- Place muesli and pistachios in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour in half the chocolate mixture into muesli mixture and mix with hands to combine.
- Place muesli/chocolate mixture on prepared pan and evenly spread, covering the base of pan and into corners.
- Top with the remaining melted chocolate, extra pistachios, and dried coconut.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Transfer to cutting board and cut into individual bars.
Click it to win it! Do you love the new gluten free muesli from Bob’s Red Mill? They want you to prove it with a fun Instagram/Pinterest contest! Grab your cameras and snap a picture showing them how much you love their new Gluten Free Muesli and share it with them on Pinterest and/or Instagram for a chance to win a fabulous prize pack including Gluten Free Muesli, a beautiful cereal bowl and a $50 Bob’s Red Mill gift card.
Check out my entry:
For more information, descriptions of prizes and rules for entry, visit: BobsRedMill.com gluten-free-muesli-photo-
I received samples of Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free Muesli to facilitate this post. All opinions and recipe are my own.