Ok. March is here which means spring is very near. We are craving something fresh, something flavorful and something easy to handle during picnics and backyard barbecues or just on any day, any time. We love making lettuce wraps with chicken, carrots and onions grilled with a hint of teriyaki sauce. This time, this family favorite received a makeover!
Endives are the vessel of choice, wrapped around sweet potato pieces, turkey bacon and accented with sliced leeks, this tasty appetizer is taken to the ultimate level when seasoned with Kikkoman’s Ponzu Dressing and Sauce. The finishing touch, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt!
We couldn’t eat just one, or 2 or 3! This went from appetizer to dinner in a matter of minutes. Six ingredients, prepared in under half an hour. Healthy, flavorful and a nice twist to a traditional appetizer/dinner or party platter.
- 3 large Belgian Endives
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce
- 3 slices of turkey bacon, diced in bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut in small 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons sliced leeks (I used Melissa's Produce Cleaned and Sliced Leeks)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- In a large skillet, cook bacon for approximately 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and Ponzu sauce.
- Cook until sweet potatoes are tender, add 2 tablespoons of diced leeks, stirring frequently for two more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut the bottoms, about 1/2 inch of each endive. Separate and remove the leaves, cutting more of the bottom if you need to.
- Arrange endive leaves on a serving platter and spoon bacon and sweet potato mixture on the leaves. If leaves are small, use two to support the mixture. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and the remainder of leeks.
For more recipe ideas, Follow Kikkoman on Facebook.