I am definitely on a Jell-O kick right now. I’ve been thinking up ways to make cute little gelatins for all occasions. I couldn’t let Valentine’s Day pass without coming up with something extra special for the day dedicated to love!
Since I love agua de Jamaica (hibiscus tea), I decided to make a gelatin that would knock the socks off my valentine: Hibiscus flower and raspberry gelatin.
The base that makes this recipe absolutely amazing is the Hibiscus Tea. The tea can be prepared by soaking the hibiscus flowers overnight (if you have the time), or boiling the flowers in a rapid boil for 7-10 minutes.
The great thing about this dessert is that it satisfies that after dinner sugar craving without compromising calories at all. Use sugar-free gelatin for that complete guilt-less feeling. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 2, 3oz-package of raspberry flavored, sugar-free Jell-O
- 1 cup freshly made hibiscus tea, hot
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup low fat milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup hot hibiscus tea to 1 package of jello. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in 1 cup cold water until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly 2/3-full in six individual size Jell-O molds
- Refrigerate until set. Approximately 2 hours.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add 1 cup hot water to second package of Jell-O. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in 1 cup cold milk until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly over firm hibiscus/raspberry Jell-O. Refrigerate until set, approximately 1 hour.