One of the many reasons I love the holidays is the release of the seasonal food and drinks that make this time of the year so much fun. I look forward to special flavors such as peppermint, pumpkin and salted caramel in my desserts and beverages.
On my last grocery shopping trip, I discovered that International Delight had released their new seasonal product line which included my holiday favorites.
I love the flavor it gives my coffee but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to use it as an ingredient in some of my favorite desserts for the holidays. By using their Caramel Macchiato flavor for the cake and their Salted Caramel Mocha flavor for the buttercream icing, this cake turned out delicious to the last bite.
Give it a try! Bake with your favorite flavor of International Delight Creamer and share it on their Facebook and Pinterest page. You can even get a coupon when you visit.
Another reason why I love the holidays so much is because it’s a time to give. To make this season sweeter, International Delight is donating 50 cents to Coats for Kids Foundation for every UPC code registered here! Give back in one quick step and help International Delight reach their goal of $100,000 this year!
- 1 box of yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of coffee, flavored with International Delight’s Caramel Macchiato 1 packet of vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons of International Delight’s Salted Caramel Mocha
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, coffee, pudding mix, and oil. Mix for a few minutes until all ingredients have mixed well.
- Prepare two 8” greased cake pans.
- Pour mixture in cake pans and bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Turn off oven and leave cake in cooling oven for approximately 25 more minutes. Ice with Caramel Buttercream
- On a medium saucepan, add brown sugar, butter, and creamer. Mix and cook over low/medium heat bring to a boil. Once it gets very bubbly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer whip cooled caramel mixture for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add in confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time while mixing on low speed.
- Cool completely before frosting.
The International Delight Facebook page shares coupon savings and a chance to share your delight this holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.