It’s National Oatmeal Day! In honor of this special occasion, I am celebrating by surprising my son with an Oatmeal Crust Mini Cheesecake packed in his lunchbox today. He’s going to be so happy!
Oatmeal contains high levels of fiber, protein, antioxidants and it tastes great! These darling Mini Cheesecake treats are perfect for little hands and great for serving them at children’s parties.
To involve your kids in the preparation, make them in charge of decorating. Give them various topping options such as berries, nuts, sprinkles, zests and jellies. It’s a fun family project and a great way to incorporate oatmeal into your diet.
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Mexican limes, juiced
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
Garnish: Sliced strawberries and lime zest
- Line 6 muffin pan holes with aluminum paper cases
- In a small cooking pan over medium heat, melt butter. Let cool.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and break them up by pulsing quickly.
- In a medium bowl, place oats, nuts and melted butter and mix well until consistency becomes evenly thick.
- Divide the mixture between paper cases, press down with spatula and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese, sugar, lemon rind and juice. Then add egg, egg yolk and cottage cheese and mix again.
- Spoon into paper cases and bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn oven off and let the mini cheesecakes cool inside oven.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and lime zest.
In honor of National Oatmeal Day on October 29th, vote for my recipe and I have a chance to be featured in the Quaker® Oats newsletter.
When you vote you will be entered to win a $1,000 gift card! Yay Oats! Official Sweepstakes Rules
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker®. The opinions and text are all mine.